Thursday, April 17, 2008

Papal Visit 2008

I have been enjoying every minute of coverage on the Papal visit. Pope Benedict XVI is a very wonderful presence, so different from his predecessor. His discourses and homilies have been full of hope and praise for the Church and faithful of the United States. I have heard so many people, normally disinterested in religious affairs, discussing the pope's visit! I hope that the feelings generated during this time will carry on for months to come and will create more interest in our faith.

With so much interest in all aspects of Pope Benedict's life, one theme that keeps coming up is his interest in music. He is an accomplished pianist and practices daily. I was thinking that a great way to raise funds for papal charities would be if Pope Benedict performed a collection of his favorite music. I would certainly buy that CD as I'm sure millions worldwide would do as well. I'm not holding my breath, but hoping all the same!