Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And now a message from our sponsors...

To any (if there are any) faithful readers of this blog, I apologize for the lack of posts. I have been too busy enjoying other blog commentary on the Papal Visit and have been a bad steward of my own site. I was so overwhelmed by the Supreme Pontiff's visit, this being my first since my conversion. Pope Benedict became Pope the year I began my classes, so I've always felt a special connection with him. I've read his encyclicals and followed his pontificate with rapt interest. It was so gratifying to read in other blogs the same impressions I had of our holy father. And I was pleased that the fruits of the prayers of so many of us for a successful journey to the United States exceeded our greatest hopes and expectations. It felt so good to be a Catholic last week. I feel rather melancholy because of Pope Benedict's absence this week, but I feel so encouraged seeing that the aftershocks of his visit are still being reported.

My prayers now turn for the continued blessing of this trip to touch the hearts of many to live out loud their Catholic faith.