Monday, March 3, 2008

Ughhhh...

My iMac saga continues. Our iMac finally arrived on Friday, but was damaged by Fedex. The base that the main screen and CPU is attached was severely gouged. Apple had us pack it back up to ship back to them, at which time they would replace it. Yesterday we drove an hour to the nearest Fedex/Kinkos to drop off the iMac in order to expedite the replacement. Today Apple gladly acknowledged that Fedex had received the iMac but that, due to a shortage of inventory, they will not be able to ship a replacement until March 10th at the earliest......................

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been, without a doubt, the worst online shopping experience of my life. If I wasn't in such dire need of a new machine, I'd cancel the order and go back to pen and paper. I am extremely disappointed in Federal Express, first with their terrible tracking information, and then for their poor care of my machine. As I said before, I will never use them for shipping again. But this time I also would like to encourage others to follow suit and go with UPS, DHL, or any other shipping provider.

Hopefully this will be the last of this issue and the next time I talk about the iMac it will be when I have it on my desk.