Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday

It is Super Tuesday. In a few hours, the polls will open across some 22 states and the front-runners from the two parties will probably emerge. My only hope in the November 2008 election, is that we are given a sound leader of our nation who will care for the people of this nation and reach out the people in need around the world. It will be a hard choice either way as I feel neither party represents my concerns. If there were a third party that could combine the good aspects of the two parties, that party would get my vote. Social concern, defense of all human life, fiscal responsibility, awareness of environmental impact, religious-based moral values, defense of the working class and the poor, basic human needs provided to the world... I pray this Mardi Gras that we will receive a good and just leader who can put the needs of the nation ahead of the needs of a select few.

Congratulations to the New York Giants... I picked the Patriots, but I'm not too proud as to deny the winners their due recognition!