Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Apple of my Eye

Tomorrow, at long last, I FINALLY get a new MAC! After our eMac went on the fritz we've been limping along on an iMac DV purchased in 2000. A G3 processor just cannot handle the demands of today's internet and so it has been a looooooong 6 months. But tomorrow, a new 20" iMac will arrive on my doorstep! Office:mac 2008 arrived today and I can't wait to load it. Hopefully the migration from the eMac will go well and I'll be up and running in no time. I'm a certified Apple technician, but I got that certification in 2001, when OS 9.2.2 was the main OS, so I'm rusty as a tech. I just look forward to having a machine that types along with me in real time. I've got like a 4 second delay now and it's maddening. All that changes tomorrow... To coin a phrase, "Life is better on a NEW Mac."

Apart from that, I haven't laughed as hard as I did last night in a long time. My uncle-in-law did his best to get as much on camera time as he could at the Cleveland State University debate. With his wife on the cell giving him directions, he managed to wedge himself into a spot between Chris Matthews and Andrea Mitchell. The man is a director at CSU, but whenever a camera opportunity comes up we can guarantee we'll see him... Twice on the Tonight Show, several telathons, local news casts, sporting events... several thousand fans there, but you'll see his smiling mug. It makes for good TV, at least for us! God bless, Mark!